Saturday, January 26, 2008

Stop


If you find stop-lights/signs boring, then I recommend you drive somewhere where there is snow, ice, slush, and a combination of these. The variations are amazing. In addition to the traditional Stop.....go....., here are some other options:

Slide.......stop. Go.

Slide.... stop. Try to go, but spin your tires. (You have chains for your tires in your trunk, right?)

Slide.... stop near the top of the hill. Slide backwards, finally go forwards.

Brake, brake, brake, slide..... So much for that stop sign. (This is a dangerous option and not law-abiding.)

Brake, brake, brake, brake, (brake, brake, brake,) stop. Spin.... inch along.... Go.

Brake, brake, brake, stop. Go/slide/go (sigh of relief).

Probably the options with the longest lasting influence are more like this:

Brake, brake, slide, stop. Is the car behind me going to stop in time? Bump.

Or possibly more expensive (for you):

Brake, brake, slide, bump, stop. (I don't recommend it: I prefer leaving too much stopping distance than too little.)

As I was saying, there is great variety.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ab
I knew it was snowing again, but and inch an hour...man! I was glad to see the picture...Sure hope that you didn't have the brake, brake, slide, bump, stop...
experience...What a change from PR!
Hope you have a good week out there in the snobowl
love AB