Tuesday, November 27, 2007

water, exercise, and snow

Today I went to get my camera out of my school backpack to take a picture, and I found a problem. I had left my lunch bag in my backpack. I had left a bag of ice/water in the lunch bag in the backpack. The bag must have been insufficiently sealed. The lunch bag is not sufficiently waterproof. The backpack kept too much water. So the condition of a few textbooks has fallen, my camera bag is supposed to be drying, and my camera is sitting "to dry" without its batteries (just in case that improves it's chance of working when I try it later). While I know there is another way to get the pictures off the camera and still post them on my blog, I am currently using the "my camera might have gotten wet" (and my backpack DID get wet) excuse.

Exercise is reported to be a good thing. I'm pretty sure that is accurate. Right now, I am going with life exercise. Anything you do in your life that has a purpose separate from exercise, competition (i.e. sports), or expression (dance). Yesterday I pushed a shopping cart. Understand, it was a well-loaded shopping cart. Don't lightly volunteer to shop to restock a larger family's pantry; it's more of a heavy concept. Today, I shoveled snow. What will I do tomorrow? Oh, probably not much. I think just whatever walking I happen to do. Unless there is more snow to shovel. Maybe I should do some exercise that doesn't fall into my "life exercise" category, too. (Next semester, maybe I will try "once-a-week exercise" in a ~2 hour dance class to fulfill a P.E. requirement.)

Monday, I went to school and there was a snow warning. I still stayed out for bell choir practice, but when I left that, the snow was falling. I haven't driven while it was snowing on the road in front of me in a long time. I was scared. But I drove (like I had much choice). This is where I am now, and this is where I follow God now. Snow driving is interesting. The unspoken ways of the road change. Suddenly, driving slower is understood and practiced in a different way. Suddenly vehicles mutually are inclined to slow down and give themselves more space to stop. So I drove home and that was that. Now I guess I should wake up early tomorrow so that I have a better chance of getting to class on time.

No comments: