Saturday, January 16, 2010

picking pictures

Trying to choose a few pictures from when I was in Puerto Rico to make a display... Choose only a few pictures to show what defies words.

It is interesting to look back. Now that I've worked in a child care center, some things make more sense. Like the quiet corner that we would call the cozy corner at my current job. What preschool room is complete without one? And of course some of what we did with the preschool kids looked alot like playing. Playing is an excellent way for preschoolers to learn. I suppose I've grown more used to the technical explaination of what is being learned in comfortable everyday life. Taking a break looking at books on the floor in the quiet corner - that was building for literacy (in fact, a teacher can get a higher rating on one scale in a one-year-old classroom if the teacher does this with a child). Playing outside - gross motor (I thought it was a break, but now I would put it under learning/development as well) (also important for a better rating). "Free play" - decision making, social-emotional development, and tell me what they freely are playing and we can probably put it into even more educational categories.

I think I have 18 pictures chosen now. Possibly too many. Possibly not as many pictures of older students as I want. But a start.

No comments: