Saturday, May 24, 2008

Thoughts

The difference between "in decision" and "indecision" is where you put some space. I wonder how deeply true that is.

"Speeding" is when I drive to fast. "Slowing" is when I drive to slow. Reasons for slowing include forgetting the speed limit (that one goes for speeding as well), forgetting to watch for the speed limit sign, being tired of driving fast, ice, deer, oncoming headlights, and not knowing the road and/or road conditions well enough. When you are driving on a highway in the mountains and the road curves a lot, they may post lower speeds on orange signs. If you are already going slower than the speed, than you can be amused at the recommendation to drive a faster speed in this more hazardous location. Okay, you don't have to understand. I was tired and I was amused by that.

Why is "limit" (speed limit) spelled that way? Then shouldn't it be pronounced lie-mit?

No comments: