Saturday, February 2, 2008

a wintery life


I think we have something like 5 feet of snow on the ground now. (This would be smaller that the total number of feet that have fallen, because snow sometimes melts and it compresses. According to a neighbor, 10 feet and 11 inches have fallen, not including the little we got today.) On a slope, I dug my foot in until I think the uphill snow was above my waist, maybe even the downhill snow was close to my waist, and I don't think I had reached the ground yet.


"Road temporarily closed due to snow." Part of the road was plowed up to, but not through, so a warning sign was put out.
Road (the other way) temporarily open, due to God's grace. Plowed roads are a priviledge, not a right.
Can you see the picnic table covered in snow and the goat shed with snow sliding off the roof and the hay barn?


Can you see the goat and the fence that almost disappears into the snow (I think it does disappear farther on)?
The sledding trails are along the path a little farther, but don't step off the path unless you are wearing boots (and snow pants).


Some snow slides off the back roof onto the back porch and is shoveled and makes a very high pile. It gives adventurous siblings a faster start to the sled hill.

Aren't my youngest two brothers good at snow sculpting?
Narrow walkways, raised paths, high piles to try to shovel onto, beautiful dog.

No comments: