Monday, July 5, 2010

Greetings friends. I have 13 minutes before I have told myself I must get serious about finishing (starting) my chapter review assignment that was due yesterday. Instead of schoolwork, on Saturday morning, my alarm clock went off at 3:55 a.m. (think 4 hours of sleep, because of course I was excited enough between the final VBS evening Friday and the adventure to come on Saturday that it was hard to get to sleep). I drove with the sunrise overhead through flashing yellow light intersections (it was about 4:30 a.m.) to my family's house. I got to see the newest goat kid - a pretty white female goat - and observe my brothers make breakfast and finally, an hour after arriving, we left. We drove and drove and drove. We drove into another state, past beautiful mountains, to a camp where friends of my dad were helping out. We visited with them a while and then drove and drove and drove back to my family's home so that the goats could be milked. And finally, I drove home past a police car sitting on an off road (I was going 2 miles under the speed limmit) and past another one that had pulled someone over. I drove with a sunset over me. Sunrise and sunset and it's the middle of summer, so it was a long day! But a nice one. Worth losing one point in my college class (not a grade point, just one of the points used to come up with the grade point). Now I have 5 minutes until I really need to get serious, so maybe I'll just start early.

No comments: